Tips On Choosing A Wooden Worktop
1. Always look for a wooden worktop that fits you. Look for a worktop that will fit your kitchen and your own taste. You should know that oak is considered classic when it comes to wooden worktops. Oak is used in the common farm house kind of kitchen since it can provide a warm feel to the place and it has a notable pattern. There are also some people that would consider choosing American black walnut because it is bold but still beautiful. The American black walnut will give the right contrast to light because it has a rich chocolate tone. If you have a kitchen where you are having problem with light, then you should consider maple. Maple is creamy and pale but it has a grain structure that is lovely. Every bit of light will be reflected from the surface of the maple since it has a very smooth finish.
2. Always invest in a good quality worktops. There are a lot of worktops that will fit on every budget ranging from the ones with a wide block to the ones that has full planked super stave but you should always remember the old saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.” Those cheap worktops may be interesting but might be of low quality. A wooden worktop of good quality will probably last for a very long time if it is taken cared properly, and it might even add more value to your property if you would decide to sell it.
3. Preparation is a big factor. You need to do a sealing on these wooden worktops before you can use them. The suggested treatment for these wooden worktops is the worktop oil such as the finishing oil or danish oil. The wooden worktops will have a barrier that is water resistant because of the treatment process done. The treatment process on the wooden worktops is considered to be very important since it will help make your worktops last for a long time that is why you should consider taking the time to properly do the procedure. The wooden worktops will not be durable enough if poor treatment procedure is done.
4. Look for a worktop that has the right fit. It is important before you consider fitting the wooden worktops that you make sure the plastering that was done is completely dry and the sides of the wooden worktops have the right amount of oi. Every time you fix the wooden worktops in the units of your kitchen, always make sure that you have the right amount of fixing points, with at least one fixing point on every corner. Your wooden worktops will have small contractions and expansions if you will use expansion brackets that are slotted.
5. Always have a good maintenance on your wooden worktops. You should always consider re-oiling the wooden worktops at least once every six months.